Automobiles are incredible innovations. We have come so far in their designs and gas mileage capabilities. No doubt future generations will think we were not as innovative as we could have been. But, if they’ll take the time to enjoy from whence we’ve come, there might be some appreciation fostered.
That’s the beauty of the automobile museum. It creates a record of automotive excellence, construction, design, and dreams. And, there are incredible automobile museums worldwide. When you are trying to book flights at the last minute consider some of the locales of these prestigious museums and take your kids. Inspire them with the love of transportation you embrace.
Top 5 Car Museums You Should Visit
When it comes to being a car aficionado you must also be a travel connoisseur if you desire to see some of the most incredible modes of transportation ever constructed. There are certainly more than five phenomenal museums available for your perusal and you can read more about them here. However, we’ve included our favorites in this list:
- Museo Storico Alfa Romeo- The six floors of spectacular car-focused artwork within this newly renovated museum will tantalize and inspire. And, since it’s located in Italy there’s no reason not to visit. Alfa Romeo doesn’t have to remain the butt of Maserati and Ferrari jokes thanks to this impressive showcase. For some great car humor go here.
- Porsche Museum- No racing fan can negate the value of Porsche in the history of German automotive design. A relatively new museum, having opened in 2009, the $106 million spent on its creation guarantees its devotion to prestige and prowess. The cars inside its structure are quite possibly the most striking automobiles on the planet.
- Mullin Automotive Museum- Located in California, Peter W. Mullin’s museum contains some of the most expensive automobiles known to man. His predilection for the art deco era has inspired the collection which includes a Bugatti from the 1930s valued at $40 million. The bad thing here is that because it’s a private collection there are only two days each month in which it is open to the public. So, call ahead before you schedule your vacation if you’re hoping to set foot in those doors. For contact information click this.
- Louwman Museum- Possibly the quirkiest of the museums on our list, this Netherlands based structure is home to Elvis’ Cadillac and James Bond’s Aston Martin. Like the Mullin museum this is also a private collection of incredible automotive history. And, it may be one of the oldest collections in the world!
- Museo Lamborghini- Also in Italy and quite small, this museum still packs a punch. Anyone enamored by racing and speed needs to pay a visit to this wee display. The avant-garde design that makes Lamborghini spectacular is revealed in this intimate setting. Racing doesn’t get more intuitive and astonishing as it does in a Lamborghini. This museum has its own site where you can read more about it.
Don’t Dream it, Do it!
If you’ve been dreaming about traveling the world, stop. It’s time you get out there and explore. And, since you love cars, and everything attached to them, plan your travels to incorporate the five museums we suggested. You don’t have to just dream it, you can do it! And sometimes you can get cheap airfare to boot.